The Water R2O NRT program is open to all students that wish to complete the courses and program activities. There are fellowships available to certain students that meet eligibility requirements.
Funding is only allowed, per the guidelines of NSF, to students who are selected and meet the following criteria:
- U.S. citizen or resident
- master or Ph.D. student
- majoring in civil engineering, environmental engineering, computer science, geography, or related discipline
- full-time student.
Preference will be given to students who show or present a strong interest in the study of water and to students with prior research or related professional (development) experience. The evaluation process will seek to select a cohort of diverse students with differing skill sets.
Graduate Programs accepted in this NRT Program
How to Apply
STEP 1: Interested students should complete a preliminary application by clicking the appropriate link below.
STEP 2: Preliminary applications will be reviewed to determine eligibility and program fit. Only students who have completed the preliminary application and have been contacted by Program Coordinator (Dr. Hannah Holcomb) should proceed to Step 2. These students should submit the following materials to the Program Coordinator, Dr. Hannah Holcomb, by e-mail: email@example.com.
- Transcripts from all institutions previously or currently attending.
- One letter of recommendation from an individual you work/worked with in your current or previous program of study. Please have your reference write a letter indicating your strengths and why you would be a good fit for our program.
- Contact information (e-mail and phone number) for two additional references. Only one letter is needed.
- Interview – Will be scheduled when contacted by Program Coordinator
Deadline to Apply for NRT Fellowship Program if seeking NSF Fellowship funding, for the 2024 cohort: Wednesday, January 31, 2024
Deadline to Apply for the NRT Program if not seeking NSF Fellowship funding, for the 2024 cohort: Wednesday, February 28, 2024